Hope you are enjoying the content that gets posted on Launchyourgenius!
I am planning to post twice every week. The first post will be the big new content article that will be published early on in the week-Mondays or Tuesdays.
The second post will be published later on-Thursdays and will list all the latest news from LYG and links and articles from other blogs that I found to be highly useful.
I got this great idea from Larry Deane of Sideincomeblogging and many thanks to him for his post. I figured that this method was optimal for you to receive articles from LYG and also read other interesting posts written elsewhere.
If you have any suggestions on what content that you would like to see on LYG or any topic that would be particularly useful to you or that you have problems with, please leave me a comment below.
On to this week’s edition! Drumroll please!
Weekly News from LYG
Thank you so much for your generous support of my SlideShare presentations! I am beyond happy to announce that LYG’s Slideshare presentation: 30 Ways to be Insanely Happy was featured on the presentations of the day list and also featured on what’s hot on Linkedin and Facebook. The presentation received upward of 12k views and many likes!
Thanks again for your generous support of the SlideShare presentation! It would not have been possible without your support!
Here is the presentation in case you missed it: 30 Ways to be Insanely Happy.
Comments: Thanks for all your valuable comments! I encourage you to post comments if something resonates with you. I will be able to best address your concerns and what challenges that you have by reading your comments.
Awesome Links for the Week
- Nathalie Lussier talks about How to get more done without overwhelm. I think that overwhelm is very common when we have many things on our minds and Nathalie makes some great points.
- Maria Popova’s new post on writing, Raymond Chandler on Writing is a collection of Chandler’s advise and often his brilliant and unique take on writing. I really enjoyed reading some of his unique approaches and insights on writing.
- Jeff Goins asks the important questions of how to get started with something and how to make better decisions: How to Stop Getting Paralyzed and Start Making Better Decisions. Picking some topic that interests us and going through with it is a challenge for some of us. I follow Jeff’s work regularly and I think that he has a gift with words!
- Gini Dietrich of Spinsucks.com outlines 5 steps to create compelling content and highlights the power of telling relevant stories. I love the power of stories and the effect that they can have to inspire and instruct.
- Angela Berenstein lists 104 ways to boost your energy at lifehack.org. I am constantly looking for ways to increase and optimize the amount of energy that I have because I believe that managing energy is more important than managing time or other aspects.
- A post by Annie Paul on How to stimulate curiosity written for the Creativity Post. I think that curiosity is a very important part of the creative process and Paul provides some interesting ideas.
- Nilofer Merchant asks the question that how can we avoid sitting through boring meetings all day and still keep up with our health in her recent TED talk. Merchant’s simple but highly effective advise: take a walk to get better ideas and get fit.
Let me know what you think in the comments below!